cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Tamara Cameron <Tamara.Came...@nbci.com>
Subject RE: XInclude & Netscape
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2000 15:29:16 GMT
You were absolutely correct.  I was a little stumped because the foo.xml
example was 'working' (xml viewable upon view source).

I should have looked at the formatters more carefully.

Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: Donald Ball [mailto:balld@webslingerZ.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2000 7:34 PM
To: 'cocoon-users@xml.apache.org'
Subject: Re: XInclude & Netscape

On Tue, 13 Jun 2000, Tamara Cameron wrote:

> I am having a problem with Xinclude and Netscape.  It seems that xml
> documents that use xinclude and served by Cocoon are not recognized when
the
> requesting browser is Netscape 4.6.  I am prompted to open or save the
> document.
>
> The same pages *are* served properly in IE5, and in Mozilla build 15.
>
> This is cocoon 1.7.4, though I checked out the cvs archive today, built
it,
> and tested the build with the same results.
>
> I feel that this is some simple issue, but I cannot find it!  The files I
> used for testing were those in the /samples/xinclude directory.

I strongly suspect that the problem is that your Netscape is not
configured to display URLs of the type text/xml, while IE and Mozilla are.
It just so happens that the XInclude examples don't return HTML, they
merely return XML. If you changed the cocoon-format type, you'd be able to
"view" the pages (that is to say - view source, not see anything
meaningful as the pages wouldn't contain valid HTML no matter what the
mime type said).

- donald