cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: URL Encoding
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2000 22:02:47 GMT
Ed Staub wrote:

> Ulrich,
>
> Many thanks for the clarification.
>
> Interesting!
>
> I need to get deeper into Cocoon to have a reliable opinion.

Definately.

> However, my
> initial reaction is that Cocoon's top-level input design (producers,
> translators, use of namespaces to tie content to processors,
> <?cocoon-process/>, etc.) is an intrinsic part of the Cocoon-specific
> solution provided to the "workflow definition" requirement you present.

This is a big mistake we made in Cocoon1, and this is why Cocoon2
introduced the sitemap concept which gives you a way to define this
"resource workflow" and fixes the concern overlaps.

> In other words, I think that standardization at the XSP (or kin) and
> XSLT-extension layers, while highly useful, doesn't seem to be sufficient to
> meet the top-level requirement of binding data, logic, and transformation
> together.

I agree, that's why we introduced the C2 sitemap concept.

> Standardization of Cocoon's use of namespaces to bind to
> processors, or of some other analagous mechanism, is also necessary to have
> a "universal glue" for binding to disparate processor implementations.

This "analogous mechanism" is already implemented in the new Cocoon
tree, please check that out before continuing this thread.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.