cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Marcelo F. Ochoa" <moc...@ieee.org>
Subject Re: Reusing database connection object
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2000 21:36:13 GMT
Fermin Ordaz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have been working with Cocoon for some weeks ago and i think that is a
> very
> powerfull tool for building dinamic sites and Process/Transform XML files.
> Congratulations to the Cocoon team work, we are waiting for version 2.0!!
>
> Right now, i'm interested in reusing database connection objects that can be
> used
> by java code generated by XSP logicsheets. I know that servlets offers us
> an approach to do this by creating connection objects in the init method,
> but i
> don't know how it can be integrated with the Cocoon framework.

   Ricardo wrote two months ago a simple ConnectionManager logicsheets to
allocate connections from a connection pools.    Check in the coocon-dev list
archives for a subject XSPConnectionManager.
    I wrote a similar connection manager based on Ricardo code to re-use
connection from DBPrism Resource manager.
    This resource manager manage age of unused connection, transaction, and so
on, you could find more information in DB Prism home page at
http://www.plenix.com/dbprism/