cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ricardo Rocha <rica...@apache.org>
Subject Re: May be a bug when creating my own tag library with cache
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2000 11:12:45 GMT
Olivier Richaud wrote:

> I've been using Cocoon in conjunction with XSP for some months. Because I'm
> lazy, I did not clearly separate the content from the logic and I mixed in
> my XML pages data and XSP logic. Yesterday nite, I decided to do the
> separation as shown in XSP sample files that come along with Cocoon. No
> problem, the examples work.
>
> Let's call test.xml the XML file, test-xsp.xml the XSL/XSP file and
> test-html.xsl the XSL/HTML file. When I change data in my XML files, this
> immediately reflected in the rendered HTML. This remains still true when I
> modify the XSL/HTML file. Changes become active as soon as I reload the
> page. But, this comes false when I modify the XSL/XSP page which is placed
> in the middle of the rendering process. Nothing happens. I must restart my
> Web server in order to have the update. This is the only work around I found
> and it is particularly painful !

This is the case _only_ when you're using namespace-mapped logicsheets,
that is, logicsheets defined in the Cocoon config file as resource://
entries.

If you want to have your logicsheets immediately reloaded upon change,
use the more convenient <?xml-logicsheet?> pi. Example:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?cocoon-process type="xsp"?>
<!-- Here it comes --->
<?xml-logicsheet href="page-xsp.xsl"?>