cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Alex Muc <alex....@utoronto.ca>
Subject Can't initialize publishing engine: Null Pointer Exception
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2000 16:11:15 GMT
Hi,

I've set up Cocoon to run a number of times on various machines/OSes/web
servers, but I can't get it to run on the following: RH6.1, Apache
1.3.12, Tomcat 3.1, Cocoon 1.7.3.

I get the following error after trying to access the Cocoon.xml file:
Cocoon 1.7.3

                                     Publishing Engine could not be
initialized.

      java.lang.NullPointerException:
              at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.init(Cocoon.java:135)
              at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.initServlet(ServletWrapper.java:315)

              at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.loadServlet(ServletWrapper.java:276)

              at
org.apache.tomcat.context.LoadOnStartupInterceptor.contextInit(LoadOnStartupInterceptor.java:132)

              at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.initContext(ContextManager.java:227)

              at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.init(ContextManager.java:201)
              at
org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.execute(Tomcat.java:156)
              at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.main(Tomcat.java:163)

Any ideas?  I'm pretty positive that I have the cocoon.properties file
included correctly in my web.xml file (it reports a different error if
it can't find that, right?).

Thanks
Alex.