cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Re: The User is the King (was: Cocoon Competitors)
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2000 08:37:18 GMT
Nägeli Margrit wrote:

> [Nägeli Margrit]  Maybe I was just very lucky, but I only encountered
> rather
> minor difficulties when installing and trying cocoon. I'm just an ordinary,
> not very patient, programmer and no hacker, and I just went strictly
> according to the Cocoon Installation Guide. The small problems that
> occurred, I could solve with the faq and some braingrease.

I am not a wizard at all and got cocoon up and running in reasonable
time. I think the problem is, if everyone would read the installation
notes, FAQs and check the mailarchive, then there would be only very few
questions about installation on this list. These very few questions
could then be dealt with easily by the cocoon wizards. But the way it is
now, the wizards need too much time to answer the simple questions,
which are in the FAQ or the list archive.

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Systementwicklung