cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Paul Sharpe <p...@miraclefish.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon hangs with chained XSP
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2000 13:47:35 GMT

Kevin Sonney wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Jun 2000, Paul Sharpe wrote:
> > I'm trying to use this processing sequence
> >
> >   XSP-->XSL-->XSP-->XSL
>
> That really won't work - you can only ahve one XSP pass.
>
> > However cocoon seems to hang when the second XSP PI is present.
>
> Cocoon has already generated the .java file for the xml document on the
> first xsp pass. Why do you need more than one XSP pass?

So is there only ever a single XSP pass?  Should I have understood this
from the XSP documentation?

The first pass includes an XML file based on supplied parameters.  The
second pass tests for the existence of files whose names are generated
by the first XSLT pass using elements & attributes from the included XML
file.  Files which exist are given an <A HREF.../> by the second XSLT
transformation.

paul

--
paul@miraclefish.com