cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Stack overflow problem
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2000 13:14:33 GMT
Hello,

I'm getting a stack overflow on one of my cocoon installations (Solaris,
cocoon 1.7.5dev, JServ1.1, JDK1.2.2). On other installations (namely
under Linux) I am not experiencing this problem.

I found out that the problem lies in one of my stylesheets. I have a
recursive <xsl:call-template> thing in there. It is called with a string
like "foobar", does some stuff and then calls itself with "oobar", does
some stuff and calls itself with "obar" and so on until the whole string
is "used up".

I found if I shorten the string, then I don't get the stack overflow.
But, increasing the JVM's memory does not help - it is set to minimum 8
MB and maximum 128 MB anyway.

So, any suggestions how to go about this?

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Systementwicklung