cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@infoplanning.com>
Subject Re: Darkness novel sample
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2000 14:02:55 GMT
It would be up to you to implement the logic as to what to send.
Sitemap (Cocoon 2) is awesome in the regards of what you want
to accomplish.  The only potential problem you run into is with
Internet Exploder (er, explorer)--When it sees the extension *.xml,
it wants to process the returned page as XML instead of looking
at the MIME type.  Very bad disregarding of HTTP standards.
The way around that is to add the '?' to the end, which will force
the browser to look at the MIME type.  It would look like this:

http://host.domain.tld/file.xml?

When IE goes to save it, it will rewrite the extension.  Cocoon will
be able to find the file in question.  If you want to not use extensions
at all, then you would have to save your files without extensions
in Cocoon 1.x.x and tell the servlet engine to feed Cocoon all files
without extensions.

Remember, sitemap in C2 will fix alot of these kludges.  As it stands
now, Cocoon is very cool--but it will be twice as good in V2.