cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "K.C. Jones" <kjo...@phoenix-pop.com>
Subject LDAP Sample
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2000 21:15:21 GMT
I'm taking a look at the LDAP sample in the cocoon
distribution and I'm not able to get very far.

I'm working with:
cocoon 1.7.3
jndi 1.2.1
tomcat+apache+winnt

I read the FAQ, I have jndi.jar on my classpath, and I
uncommented the relevant line in cocoon.properties.
Restarted apache & tomcat...  I've fixed what appears to be
a typo in samples/ldap/ldap.xml:

3c3
< <?xml-stylesheet href="ldap1.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>
---
> <?xml-stylesheet href="ldap.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>

Attempting to read in ldap.xml results in the following
exception:

javax.naming.NoInitialContextException:
      Cannot instantiate class: com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory.
      Root exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory
    at org.apache.tomcat.loader.AdaptiveClassLoader.loadClass(AdaptiveClassLoader.java, Compiled
Code)

OK, so this is traced back to ldap.xml and the line:
   <initializer>com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory</initializer>
Checking the ldap.jar file shows there really is no such
class in the ldap.jar file.  I'm beginning to think I have a
version mismatch in my ldap library.

Clues?

Is this sample becoming obsolete?  Or should I keep going
and report fixes / updates / corrections back to cocoon?

Cheers,
KC