cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robin Green" <gree...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon 1.7.4 + Tomcat3.1 + Sun SDK SE 1.2.2 +SuSE 6.4 install almost ok, pls help
Date Sun, 25 Jun 2000 14:36:32 GMT
"HuiSion Teh" <huision@magix.com.sg> wrote:
>I have the above installed. I can run Tomcat JSP and Servlets. I can run
>http://localhost:8080/Cocoon.xml.
>When I copied the Cocoon Hello example to
>TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/examples/hello/ and try to run the hello-page.xml file,
>the browser prompt for a dialog for Save As Type text/xml.
>
>I have TOMCAT_HOME/conf/web.xml edited to have
>
>       ::
>	<param-value>
>             cocoon.properties
>       </param-value>
>       ::
>
>And I copied the file cocoon.properties to
>TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/examples/hello/ as well as TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/ROOT/.
>
>Anyone can help what went wrong?
>Must cocoon.properties be in every Cocoon directory?

With your current setup, cocoon.properties must be put in the root of every
context served by Cocoon. In this case it needs to be in
TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/ROOT/ and TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/examples/

Are you sure that this is in your web.xml file for the examples context?

<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>*.xml</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

It must be at the correct "level" in the web.xml file - that is, it must be
inside the <web-app> tag but NOT inside any other tag.

That could be your problem. You should not get text/xml files returned from
the samples; they should return HTML.

Also make sure you copy the .xsl stylesheets needed by the examples if any.

--
Robin

300+ Open Source Java links! -
http://dmoz.org/Computers/Programming/Languages/Java/Open_Source/