cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Goller <a...@vivien.franken.de>
Subject Re: XSP: used with XML or XSL (or both)?
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2000 20:55:27 GMT
On Mon, Jun 12, 2000 at 03:08:18PM +0200, Uli Mayring wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Jun 2000, Alexander Goller wrote:
>
> > > I think you mean the other way round: first XSP, then XSLT.
> >
> > No, i'm having an xml file. I'm generating a xsp:page out of my xml
> > file with xslt. I'm telling that generated xsp:page to process first
> > xsp, then xsl. That's it.
>
> This sounds pretty complicated. Why are you generating an xsp:page?

Because i don't want to include any logic in a page one of the
clueless web writers are writing. With this approach i have the chance
to centrally manage one stylesheet that generates and page going
through xsp and later through xsl without anything involved on the
user side.

> That sounds like: I wrote a Java program that generates Java code.
> Undoubtedly there are usage scenarios for this, but hard to imagine one in
> a cocoon environment :)

What about something like:

a set of xml-tags that are controlled by the stylesheet they're
'piped' through. One central stylesheet with all the logic, one
central stylesheet with all the output. I don't see your problem with
that scenario. Or maybe i just don't see the better solution right
now.

bye, alex
--
alexander goller		alex@vivien.franken.de
I know how to spell `banana', but i don't know when to stop.