cocoon-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Olivier Richaud" <rich...@cstb.fr>
Subject May be a bug when creating my own tag library with cache
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2000 08:47:54 GMT
I've been using Cocoon in conjunction with XSP for some months. Because I'm
lazy, I did not clearly separate the content from the logic and I mixed in
my XML pages data and XSP logic. Yesterday nite, I decided to do the
separation as shown in XSP sample files that come along with Cocoon. No
problem, the examples work.

Let's call test.xml the XML file, test-xsp.xml the XSL/XSP file and
test-html.xsl the XSL/HTML file. When I change data in my XML files, this
immediately reflected in the rendered HTML. This remains still true when I
modify the XSL/HTML file. Changes become active as soon as I reload the
page. But, this comes false when I modify the XSL/XSP page which is placed
in the middle of the rendering process. Nothing happens. I must restart my
Web server in order to have the update. This is the only work around I found
and it is particularly painful !

If you to see, what I would call a bug, try to change the page-xsp.xsl file
which comes with the cocoon distrib. Simply change the method count() in
order to have another result. Unless you restart the web server, nothing
happens. On the other hand, if you modify the html mapping in page-html.xsl,
the modification immediately comes effective.

Don't ask me if I tried to change parameters in my cocoon.properties file, I
tried to have no-cache at all, changed various parameters : it did not work.

My configuration is the following:

Linux RedHat 6.1
Apache 1.3.12
ApacheJServ 1.1 final
Cocoon 1.7.4 binary
JDK 1.2 Linux 1.2.2 from Sun
Servlet API 2.0

Olivier Richaud
CSTB
office: +33 4 93 95 67 24
mobile: +33 6 87 52 53 17
www: http://cic.cstb.fr


Mime
View raw message