cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Nishit Trivedi" <nis...@planet.net>
Subject Re: converted PDF
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2000 14:51:53 GMT
ok...here is the deal...
I have an xml file(attached with this email) to which I am applying sql processor.
Then I also apply style sheet to it as you can see in attached file.
Then I apply FOP to convert that file into PDF file.

Now the whole functionality is in one taglib. e.g.
<email:mail to = "somebody@nothing.com" from = "nobody@something.com" file = "msds_for_cocoonuser.xml?msds=1"/>

When I do this, it should grab msds_for_cocoonuser.xml, apply sql processor to it, apply style
sheet to it, apply FOP to it, store the PDF as stream of bytes (not as a file in a file system)
and  THEN send the PDF file as an email attachment to user. This all should happen dynamically.

I tried my best to explain the situation...any help will be appreciated...

Nishit
Internet Programmer
Planet Access Networks
973-691-4704 Ext:157
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Rafael Oropeza
  To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
  Sent: Wednesday, June 07, 2000 10:25 AM
  Subject: Re: converted PDF

  The problem here is you have a converted/renderized FOP version of your XML contents "on
the fly" (it doesn't really exists as a filesystem file). So, I think (I hope I'm noty wrong)
you need to generate your FOP content as a real PDF file in your file system. Then, you can
send this generated file as an email attachment, a link to it, etc.
  Nishit Trivedi wrote:

    hi,
    sorry if this question is somewhat unrelated to cocoon user.
    I am having xml file on which I applied FOP to convert it to PDF.
    Now I am trying to send THIS CONVERTED PDF file as email attachment to user.
    I don't have any clue  (:-(
    How do i do it???
    Thanx in advnace...

    Nishit