cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Gerke Preussner" <gerke.preuss...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Multiple XSL files used simultaneously
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2000 09:02:56 GMT
>> What is my mistake? Or should I do it another way?

with Cocoon you can transform a XML file as often as
you want to because you can feedback any output to
another XSL/XSLT file.

im transforming SQL generated XML files 2 times this
way:

in the XML file
---------------

<?cocoon-process type="xslt"?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="1.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>

in the first XSL file
---------------------

<xsl:template match="page">
    <xsl:processing-instruction name="cocoon-process">
        type="xslt"
    </xsl:processing-instruction>
    <xsl:processing-instruction name="xml-stylesheet">
        href="2.xsl" type="text/xsl"
    </xsl:processing-instruction>
</xsl:template>

in the 2nd XSL file
-------------------

of course, here you can enter another processing instruction
like in the 1st XSL file or just do your transformation stuff.

make sure that in every transformation you filter out the
tags which are not needed any longer. you can do this with
an empty <xsl:template>
e.g.

<xsl:template match="crap">
</xsl:template>

else Cocoon will keep the the text nodes between <crap></crap>

hope this helps,

j3rky