cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Sonney <ke...@webslingerz.com>
Subject Re: <sql:count-attribute>
Date Thu, 18 May 2000 17:57:05 GMT
uOn Thu, 18 May 2000, Donald Ball wrote:
> Giacomo already brought this to my attention. i changed the count query to
> select count(*) from ... - though I guess I'm going to have to remove the
> ORDER and GROUP clauses too... check out CVS later on today. God, SQL is a
> pain to work with programmatically. I suppose I could nix the count query
> entirely and just iterate over the entire resultset, but that's a real
> waste when the resultset is large and the max rows is small. Maybe some
> interested developer would like to contribute a 100% reliable method that
> generates a count query from a normal query?

I'm thinking that through while I hack at LDAP. The biggest trick in it is
parsing out the string and finding the end of and WHERE clauses that may
come after the FROM clause.

Additionally, there's still the problem of stored procedures, where the
string parsing in getCountQuery will have problems looking for a
non-existand FROM clause.

--
- Kevin Sonney
  kevin@webslingerZ.com