cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: Bug(?) in SQLProcessor/SQLTaglib
Date Tue, 23 May 2000 17:36:53 GMT
On Tue, 23 May 2000, Ulrich Mayring wrote:

> Hello,
>
> this one is extremely weird. I'm telling you right away you may not be
> able to reproduce it, because on my Linux box it doesn't happen, but on
> our Solaris server it does. The XML files are all the same, cocoon is
> 1.7.4, xerces is 1.0.4 and xalan is 1.0.1 on both machines. The Linux
> box uses the JDK1.2 from Sun, the Solaris box the JDK1.2 from Sun.
>
> Here's a minimal query that causes the error:
>
> select 'test', name from CUSTOMERS
>
> On my Linux box I get this XML:
>
> <ROWSET><ROW id="0"><NULL>test</NULL><NAME>Peter Miller</NAME>...
>
> On our Solaris server I get:
>
> <ROWSET><ROW id="test"><NAME>Peter Miller</NAME>...

I reckon this is caused by the library not being able to happily translate
the string 'test' into a valid XML element name. how do you think we
should handle this case? you should be able to use an AS suffix in your
query:

select 'test' as my_test, name from CUSTOMERS

but that might not work for everyone.

- donald