cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: Re[4]: Cache problem
Date Sat, 20 May 2000 18:43:57 GMT
On Sat, 20 May 2000, Igor Romanov wrote:

> DB> Ah, you have an external class is being included by an XSP page. Robin's
> DB> suggestions were helping you deal with changing the XSP page and not
> DB> having it be recompiled. To solve your problem - you probably want the
> DB> foo.class to be loaded by your servlet engine's classloader, which
> DB> generally gives you the option to automatically reload newer classes,
> DB> rather than the system classloader. The details of doing so are beyond the
> DB> scope of this mailing list, though, as they're servlet engine specific. It
> DB> might not even work, but it's worth a shot.
>
> DB> - donald
>
> Thanks a lot for Your help!
> Unfortunately, my situation now is much clear but not much better 8)
> I use JServ and to force it to reload classes I need to exclude path
> to my classes from system classpath... Bad things is that when I do so
> Cocoon become unable to compile XSPs cos' can't find my classes 8(
> damn...
>
> If somebody know the solution - please let me know.

Like I said, this is beyond the scope of my limited expertise. However,
one solution, if you're tired of restarting apache all the time - i run an
extra jserv on a seperate port manually on my laptop so that i can restart
it quickly and easily to reload my classes, can see all of the System.err
messages that I debug with sometimes, and can easily fire up the tired
slow slug that is jdb if I want.

- donald