cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: Newbie! Embedded XML help...
Date Sat, 20 May 2000 18:31:09 GMT
On Sat, 20 May 2000, c.h.Ip wrote:

> hi all,
>
> Can I do to embed another XML with Cocoon's XSP?

Try the XInclude processor or use the <util:include-uri> element. That
doesn't sound like what you're asking below though.

> There is a XML file:
>
> question.xml
> ------------
>
> <?xml version='1.0'>
> <!-- cocoon,xsl-stylesheet tags are ommitted here.. -->
> <assignment>
>  <question id=1>
>   <text>What is Cocoon?</text>
>  </question>
> </assignment>
>
> This XML is gone through a XSL stylesheet, becomes a HTML form
> let user to enter some content (aka, the answer of the question)
>
> When the user submit the form, I wish I can write a XML file (based
> on the above XML file, with addition of user's answer) into filesystem
> and NOT being transformed by any XSL, like the following:
>
> submit.xml
> ----------
> <?xml version='1.0'>
> <!-- cocoon,xsl-stylesheet tags are ommitted here.. -->
> <submittedpaper studentid='001'>
>  <assignment>
>   <question id=1>
>    <text>What is Cocoon?</text>
>   </question>
>  </assignment>
>  <studentanswers>
>   <question id=1>
>    <text>This is something I don't familiar with</text>
>   </question>
>  </studentanswers>
> </submittedpaper>
>
> Where line 4-8 is the exact content of question.xml.
>
> Can it be done using XSP, or should I write the raw servlet code for
> this?
>
> Very much thanks for help, I need to finish up this work quick...

I've got a little something that might help you:

http://www.webslingerZ.com/balld/xmlform/

Jeremy Quinn and others on the mailing list are working on a more
comprehensive solution, but I don't think it's out of the planning stages
yet.

- donald