cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: Re[2]: Cache problem
Date Sat, 20 May 2000 03:47:14 GMT
On Fri, 19 May 2000, Igor Romanov wrote:

> Dear Robin!
>
> Nothing helps!!! Please, somebody from Cocoon authors, help me!
>
> One more time:
> I have foo.java
> I compile it to foo.class
> I use <xsp:include>foo</xsp:include>
> When I change foo.java and recompile it
> Cocoon do not recompile the XSP file 8(
> Nothing helps - I've done all the stuff You told me.

Ah, you have an external class is being included by an XSP page. Robin's
suggestions were helping you deal with changing the XSP page and not
having it be recompiled. To solve your problem - you probably want the
foo.class to be loaded by your servlet engine's classloader, which
generally gives you the option to automatically reload newer classes,
rather than the system classloader. The details of doing so are beyond the
scope of this mailing list, though, as they're servlet engine specific. It
might not even work, but it's worth a shot.

- donald