cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: How do I run Cocoon from the command line?
Date Fri, 12 May 2000 17:15:11 GMT
On Fri, 12 May 2000, Thorbjoern Ravn Andersen wrote:

> On Thu, 11 May 2000, Donald Ball wrote:
>
> > > I would like to use the XSLT capabilities (notably the SQL-processor)
> > > without a surrounding web browser, i.e. from the command line.  (NT or
> > > Linux)
> > >
> > > The documentation mentions that this is possible but does not tell me
> > > how.
> > >
> > > What is the best way to do this?
> >
> > java org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon, follow the structions.
>
> Thank you.
>
> While waiting for the answer, I looked around and got "hole through" with
> XSQL from Oracle.  I'll test this first, and then come back to Cocoon.
>
> Do you have an opinion whether the SQLProcessor or XSQL would be best
> for offline, batch jobs? --

6 of one, half a dozen of the other. if you're a strictly oracle shop
and all you want is SQL and XSLT, XSQL is probably easier. cocoon is
richer, but probably not so well documented. sqlprocessor is also leaning
towards deprecation in favor of the XSP SQL taglib. I think people are
afraid of it for some reason though...?

- donald