cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: Anyone using XMLForm?
Date Wed, 10 May 2000 17:12:54 GMT
On Wed, 10 May 2000, Ulrich Mayring wrote:

> svenk@Informatik.Uni-Bremen.DE wrote:
> >
> > Same for me. Indeed, this html type is almost doing too much. I don't
> > want those tags to be converted to upper case (because that's no xhtml);
> > also I don't want those HTML-Entities, now that I have proper encoding
> > ;-)
> > Guess I'll have to go trough the openxml stuff to fix this.
>
> Why not just make it type xml or no type at all? Didn't try XML, but no
> type at all preserves the Umlaute and doesn't convert them to entities.
>
> > Yet another issue: How do I make it encode the attributes of the element
> > as POST parameter as well? I tried something like
> > @*|/name[title={blabla}] as xmlform:xpath but did not succeed. Is my
> > xpath false or does XMLForm not support attributes yet?
>
> You seem to run into the exact same problems as I :-)
>
> Another thing is this:
>
> <news>
> <item id="1">foobar</item>
> <item id="2">baz</item>
> </news>
>
> Here you will get only ONE parameter /news/item and it will have the
> value foobar. The second and all following items are ignored. It is not
> possible to tell the items apart by their id attribute, because XMLForm
> doesn't post the attribute values.

Now you're poking holes at the underlying premise of XMLForm. It's not
very easy to construct an arbitrary tree from a collection of XPath-like
expressions. Maybe you and Jeremy should get together to work on the next
iteration of this concept - he had the good thought of generating the form
from a skeletal XML fragment so that it would be easier to map form
elements to XML result nodes. If y'all want to take over maintenance of
XMLForm, let me know.

- donald