cocoon-users mailing list archives

From tom stuart <...@obsess.com>
Subject Re: is <sql ... skip-rows="{@next}"> possible?
Date Tue, 02 May 2000 09:55:44 GMT
On Tue, 2 May 2000, Thomas Guettler wrote:

> The following code does not work. {@skip} gets ignored.
>   <query connection="www_odbc" max-rows="2" skip-rows="{@skip}">
> Has some one an idear how to achieve this without xsp?
> Why works the {@foo} inside the query, but not in the attributes?:

I can't speak authoritatively about the SQLProcessor (I haven't looked at
the source yet) but presumably it only does this parameter interpolation
on the contents of the <query> tag (ie. your query), but not the tag
attributes. This makes a certain kind of sense, since you can redefine the
variable-left-delimiter and variable-right-delimiter with the <query> tag
attributes, which would make interpolation on the attributes themselves a
bit self-referential.

The only obvious solution I can see is to implement the skip-rows
functionality directly in your SQL query, as in:

	SELECT * FROM person WHERE id={@id} LIMIT {@skip},10

which will select 10 rows starting from row (skip+1).

I know this works with MySQL; YMMV.

-Tom