cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Uli Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Re: Serious error in Xalan -- parsing stylesheet PIs -- URGENT.
Date Thu, 25 May 2000 21:28:30 GMT
On Thu, 25 May 2000, Paul Derbyshire wrote:

> I'm not trying to leave the document root of a web server. This was Xalan
> running standalone, and running from D:\Wol\wolsrc, so if anything at all
> could be considered a "document root" it was D:\Wol\wolsrc, and I wasn't
> trying to escape that. More to the point, Xalan *did* escape that, hunting
> in D:\metadata!

You're not using Xalan, you're using a href attribute. Never mind what the
application is, but if you use a href attribute, you better make sure that
it contains an URI :)

> Those are also breaking the standard. A URI with a / at the start should be
> absolute, although "absolute" is relative to the document root.

You might want to read up on that. A leading / is exactly within the
standard and means exactly the document root.

> Xalan should correctly handle fully relative paths like
> "../../metadata/root.xsl".

cocoon does :)

Ulrich

--