cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Alistair Hopkins" <alist...@berthengron.co.uk>
Subject RE: installation problems
Date Thu, 18 May 2000 13:46:07 GMT
something similar nearly sent me mad yesterday:

did you ftp the jars in text mode by mistake?  looks fine but won't work!

-----Original Message-----
From: guettli@innocence.interface-business.de
[mailto:guettli@innocence.interface-business.de]On Behalf Of Thomas
Guettler
Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2000 12:22 PM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: installation problems

Dave Krewet wrote:

> Sorry, I originally sent this as a reply to another thread.
>
> Anyway, I'm receiving the following error when trying to access *.xml
files.
> As far as I can tell everything is installed properly, Jserv is running,
> I've added the proper classpaths to jserv.properties, I've passed the
> cocoon.properties file location to the servlet, and I've directed calls to
> xml to the Cocoon servlet...  I'm not sure where to proceed from here.
Any
> ideas?

had the same problem yesterday. Had a lot of other problems,
so I don't know exactly how i fixed it.

make sure that there is no typo in wrapper.classpath=...

check if your jar-files are readable by the account
runing your jserv ( i have www-data)
try:
su www-data
ls path-to-jar

check if there is a older version of xerces before the cocoon-xerces in
your
classspath.

Thomas

> redhat 6.2
> apache 1.3.12
> jserv 1.1
> jdk 1.2.2
> jsdk 2.0
> cocoon 1.7.3
>
> Publishing Engine could not be initialized.
> java.lang.RuntimeException: Error creating
> org.apache.cocoon.parser.XercesParser: make sure the needed classes can be
> found in the classpath (org/xml/sax/ErrorHandler)
>         at org.apache.cocoon.framework.Manager.create(Manager.java:114)
>         at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.(Engine.java:133)
>         at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.getInstance(Engine.java:201)
>         at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.init(Cocoon.java:140)
>         at

org.apache.jserv.JServServletManager.load_init(JServServletManager.java:569)
>         at

org.apache.jserv.JServServletManager.loadServlet(JServServletManager.java:48
> 8)
>         at
> org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.processRequest(JServConnection.java:266)
>         at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run(JServConnection.java:188)
>
> Warning: this page has been dynamically generated.

Thomas Guettler             || email: guettli@gmx.de
Schlueterstr. 46            || phone: 0351/3103748
01277 Dresden               || http://yi.org/guettli