cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Edas Pazera" <e...@usa.net>
Subject Unsuccessful Cocoon setup on Linux
Date Wed, 10 May 2000 07:21:37 GMT
I hope someone can point out any mistakes I am making.  I have Cocoon-1.7.3
working on my Win98 machine, but was never able to make it work on my web
host's Linux machine (I am not sure what flavor of Linux it is; says "i686
unknown" upon logon).  I enclosed just about every bit of information about
my configuration I could think of and will gladly provide more if needed.  I
renamed the JAR files that came with Cocoon so I don't have to change their
names upon upgrade (not simple when you have to ask someone else to change
config files!):

jserv.properties file :
wrapper.classpath=/usr/local/jserv/libexec/ApacheJServ.jar
wrapper.classpath=/usr/local/java/jsdk2.0/lib/jsdk.jar
wrapper.classpath=/usr/local/java/jaf-1.0.1/activation.jar
wrapper.classpath=/homedirectory/servlets/cocoon.jar
wrapper.classpath=/homedirectory/servlets/xerces.jar
wrapper.classpath=/homedirectory/servlets/xalan.jar
wrapper.classpath=/homedirectory/servlets/fop.jar

jserv.conf file has:

ApJServAction .xml /myzone/org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon

CLASSPATH in .profile reads:
CLASSPATH=.:\
/usr/local/java/jdk1.2/lib/tools.jar:\
/usr/local/java/jsdk2.0/lib/jsdk.jar:\
/homedirectory/servlet/xerces.jar:\
/homedirectory/servlet/xalan.jar:\
/homedirectory/servlet/cocoon.jar:\
/homedirectory/servlet/fop.jar:\

zone.properties file has:

repositories= (Installation isntructions advised against placing coccon.jar
in a repository, if I understood it correctly. I removed any other servlets
for now, but other servlets worked just fine)
servlet.org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.initArgs=properties=/homedirectory/servlets
/cocoon.properties

I have Cocoon-1.7.3 and updated my properties file as well.  I did not
compile Cocoon, but used distribution JAR instead.

When I execute http://myserver:8080/myzone/org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon it just
sits there trying to download/execute something.  It does not seem that XML
files are even processed as XML goes right through to the output. Log files
have nothing whatsoever! :-(  Command line execution fails as well with an
error: "Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/cocoon/Cocoon"

Can somebody help me?  I am stalled at this stage and cannot port any
development from my local machine to the web host, just because my Cocoon
installation fails there.  Thanks a lot!

--Edas