cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Pat Laplante" <plapla...@vanteon.com>
Subject RE: Weblogic5.1 / Cocoon 1.7.2 / XSP error
Date Fri, 12 May 2000 15:00:23 GMT
How can I try that... disabling ejb?
Pat

-----Original Message-----
From: Russell Castagnaro [mailto:russell@synctank.com]
Sent: Friday, May 12, 2000 9:53 AM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Weblogic5.1 / Cocoon 1.7.2 / XSP error

Pat,

I've been unable to get XSP working with Weblogic 4.51 or 5.1 unless I'm
willing to
disable EJB's.

Pat Laplante wrote:

> Environement: cocoon 1.7.2, weblogic 5.1
>
> When I access for the first time an xml page that got xsp code in it I got
> te following error (see below the line).
>
> The funny thing is if I compile the generated class (under the repository
> folder) in a dos box using javac it compile fine and then I can view it.
> But if I change the xml page again, I need to do everything again...
>
> Any Clues!
>
> ________________________________
>
> java.lang.Exception: XSP Java Compiler: Compilation failed for _test.java
> 6: Package org.w3c.dom not found in import.
>
>     import org.w3c.dom.*;
>
>            ^
>
> 7: Package org.xml.sax not found in import.
>
>     import org.xml.sax.*;
>
>            ^
>
> 8: Package javax.servlet not found in import.
>
>     import javax.servlet.*;
>
>            ^
>
> 9: Package javax.servlet.http not found in import.
>
>     import javax.servlet.http.*;
>
>            ^
>
> 11: Package org.apache.cocoon.parser not found in import.
>
>     import org.apache.cocoon.parser.*;
>
>            ^
>
> 12: Package org.apache.cocoon.producer not found in import.
>
>     import org.apache.cocoon.producer.*;
>
>            ^
>
> 13: Package org.apache.cocoon.framework not found in import.
>
>     import org.apache.cocoon.framework.*;
>
>            ^
>
> 15: Package org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp not found in import.
>
>     import org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.*;
>
>            ^
>
> 16: Package org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.library not found in import.
>
>     import org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.library.*;
>
>            ^
>
> 21: Superclass _J_._weblogic._myserver._public_html.XSPPage of class
> _J_._weblogic._myserver._public_html._test not found.
>
>     public class _test extends XSPPage {
>
>                                ^
>
> 10 errors
>
>         at

org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaProcessor.compile(XSPJa
> vaProcessor.java, Compiled Code)
>         at java.lang.Exception.(Exception.java, Compiled Code)
>         at

org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaProcessor.compile(XSPJa
> vaProcessor.java, Compiled Code)
>         at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor.process(XSPProcessor.java,
> Compiled Code)
>         at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Engine.java, Compiled Code)
>         at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.service(Cocoon.java:145)
>         at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:865)
>         at

> :105)
>         at

weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(ServletContextImp
> l.java:742)
>         at

weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(ServletContextImp
> l.java:686)
>         at

weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextManager.invokeServlet(ServletContext
> Manager.java:247)
>         at

weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.invokeServlet(MuxableSocketHTTP.java:361)
>         at
weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.execute(MuxableSocketHTTP.java:261)
>         at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java, Compiled
Code)

Hope to see you at my presentation, "Making the Most of XML, XSL and
Server-Side
Processing"
at XML DevCon 2000, June 25-28, 2000.

Russell Castagnaro
Chief Mentor
SyncTank Solutions
http://www.synctank.com

Earth is the cradle of mankind; one does not remain in the cradle forever
-Tsiolkovsky