cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Matthew Langham" <mlang...@sundn.de>
Subject Producers (again?)
Date Tue, 23 May 2000 15:39:36 GMT
Well after several weeks of playing and demo-ing Cocoon - it really rocks!
However (:-)) there is one small thing I still cant really come to like: The
way Producers are invoked (via the xxx.xml?Producer=MyProducer method. This
seems (to me) to be really kludgy. Surely there is a better way of doing
this?

Say I have written an RMI-Producer which connects up to some RMI-Application
and retrieves XML. I really want to be able to call the producer directly
and pass in some request parameters. Can I do this with a producer without
specifying an XML-file? It would be so much easier to migrate exisiting
servlets over to producers if this was possible (or am I missing
something?).

Ok ok - if enough of you say "Use XSP to do that" then I suppose I will have
to learn it :-)

Matthew

--
Build revolutionary products - and they will come (Guy Kawasaki)
Tel: +49-5251-1581-30   [mlangham@sundn.de - http://www.sundn.de]

...this mail was scanned for viruses by mailserver...