cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Dan North" <...@wirestation.com>
Subject Java error using XSP samples with Orion & Cocoon 1.7.3
Date Wed, 17 May 2000 09:58:55 GMT
Hi there.

I've installed Cocoon under Orion, and the sample xml pages work, but I keep
getting the following error when I try to view
http://localhost/samples/xsp/page.xml?message=Hello%20World! which is a link
from Stefano's samples/index.xml:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.w3c.dom.Node: method normalize()V not found
	at org.apache.xerces.dom.ElementImpl.normalize(ElementImpl.java, Compiled
Code)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaPreprocessor.process(XSPJ
avaPreprocessor.java, Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaPreprocessor.process(XSPJ
avaPreprocessor.java, Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaPreprocessor.preprocess(X
SPJavaPreprocessor.java:81)
	at org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPLogicsheet.apply(XSPLogicsheet.java:99)
	at org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor.process(XSPProcessor.java,
Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Engine.java, Compiled Code)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java)
	[ orion internal stack trace removed ]

I've replaced the xalan.jar and xerces.jar files that ship with Orion 1.0rc1
to be versions 1.0.1 and 1.0.3 respectively, so they should all be in sync.

Any suggestions/flames/comments gratefully received.

ps. I changed the cocoon.properties timer interval from 10 to 10000 on Win2k
as suggested, and usage went from 60% down to idling, so thanks for that.

Regards,
--
Dan North <mailto:dan@wirestation.com>