cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Dan North" <...@wirestation.com>
Subject Install problem: Cocoon 1.7.3 with Orion 1.0rc1
Date Fri, 12 May 2000 10:09:08 GMT
Hi there.

I'm getting the following error from Orion with the hello-page.xml example:

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.init(Cocoon.java:135)
	(the rest of the errors are internal JAX stuff)

The appropriate .jar files are in the class path and the WEB-INF/web.xml
contains the correct reference to the <servlet>.  (I get the same error with
any .xml file, which makes me think it might be the config).

It seems from the code (Cocoon.java:135) that the Configurations object is not
being created.  There's a try block with a catch that sets an error message
but doesn't re-throw the exception, so the null object gets dereferenced a few
lines later.  However, I'm a newbie to Java so there is a high probability I
am talking rubbish.

I've been lurking for a few weeks now, and I've seen lots of messages about
bogus installation settings, but I have RTFM so now I'm asking you guys!

Thanks in advance,
--
Dan North <mailto:dan@wirestation.com>