cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Steven Maring <Steven.Mar...@trcinc.com>
Subject RE: Re: my inability to understand xsl:output?
Date Mon, 01 May 2000 11:40:51 GMT
This is a known issue with the currently released versions of Cocoon.  The
word on the street is that 1.7.3 will have the fix to allow the usage of
xsl:output to generate things like DOCTYPEs.

-Steve M.

-----Original Message-----
From: Stuart Woolford [mailto:stuartw@newmail.net]
Sent: Monday, May 01, 2000 7:13 AM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: Fwd: Re: my inability to understand xsl:output?

I would like to pass this question I posted on the xalan list over to the
cocoon list,
any comments?

Subject: Re: my inability to understand xsl:output?
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 19:44:27 -0400
From: "Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus" <Scott_Boag@lotus.com>

I think with Cocoon 1.x, the xsl:output stuff is not passed on to the
Serializer.  I would ask someone on the Cocoon list if there is a
work-around for what you want to do... you can probably control this via
the Cocoon or Serializer API.

-scott

Re:

Hello from New Zealand.

I'm having trouble using xsl in cocoon, the problem is I'm trying to return
an
xml document, starting with a <?xml version=1.0"?> PI, and cannot seem to
get
this to generate, Of course <xsl:processing-instruction> will not generate
one,
and I thought one should be made when I use
<xsl:output method="xml" omit-xml-declaration="no">
(if I read the recomendations correctly) but it is not, is something else
stripping this out (entirely possible) or am I just not getting something?
the
xml generated always starts with:
                      "http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/strict.dtd">
no matter what I put in <xsl:output>