cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Edwards, Jayme" <JCEdwa...@software.rockwell.com>
Subject Problem/issue with Schema validation in XSP/XSL
Date Fri, 19 May 2000 15:37:41 GMT
Using Cocoon with versions of Xerces prior to 1.0.4, my development team had many style sheets
that used the XPath document() function to load external W3C XML Schemas to help with the
generation of the transformation of documents. As per upgrading to 1.0.4, even with the parser.validate
= false option set in cocoon.properties, the instance of the XML Parser/XSL Processor used
to load documents loaded by the XPath document() function still attempts to look up the XML
schema documents (by URL) mapped to namespaces in schemas. I've seen in the change log for
Xerces that a fix was made in the last 2 releases to not lookup schemas when validation is
turned off - and this appears to work when a document is simply the source of the transformation
- but loading external node sets with document() is not behaving consistent with how cocoon.properties
is configured. Not sure who's issue this is but it needs to be either fixed, or the ability
to configure validation features for the pars!
!
er XPath uses must also be accessible through some sort of Cocoon configuration. I've copied
the Xerces and Xalan lists as well.

Jayme