cocoon-users mailing list archives

From McKeggie, Henry <henry.mckeg...@headland-media.com>
Subject RE: Can cocoon1.7.3 run on Tomcat3.1 or JavaWebServer?
Date Tue, 16 May 2000 19:16:57 GMT
Thank you that solved my problem.  Can that be put in the docs.  It was
a lot more clear than what is not in the doc.

-Henry.

-----Original Message-----
From: Berin Loritsch [mailto:bloritsch@infoplanning.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2000 11:48 AM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Can cocoon1.7.3 run on Tomcat3.1 or JavaWebServer?

This is a familiar problem.  Check the mailing lists, and the answer
follows:

Place the cocoon.properties within your context--
$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/cocoon.properties

And set the path to the file relative to the context root.
<init-param>/WEB-INF/cocoon.properties</init-param>

Bo Li wrote:

> I installed cocoon1.7.3 on JavaWebServer2.0 and Tomcat 3.1 separately
but it
> doesn't work while cocoon1.7.2 works very well.
>
> *******
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>  at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.init(Cocoon.java:135)
>  at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.initServlet(ServletWrapper.java,
> Compiled Code)
>  at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java,
> Compiled Code)
>  at
>  at

org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(H
ttpC
> onnectionHandler.java:160)
>  at

org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java
,