cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mark Washeim <esa...@canuck.com>
Subject Re: It's early but it's coming...
Date Tue, 30 May 2000 21:19:01 GMT
on 30/5/00 10:48 pm, Berin Loritsch at bloritsch@infoplanning.com wrote:

> Any hints on optimizations?  Granted it isn't being hit hard, but It's hard
> to come by processing times like you have on the test site.
>
> Also, what kind of hardware is this thing running on?
>
> Mark Washeim wrote:

Smile. The framework itself is 'optimising'. Believe it or not, there is a
tremendous amount of file io going which, in java applications, is often
deadly. (There are at least 7 documents required per page instance !). The
reliance on documents was dictated by the document management system (called
easy update).

Smile. The second optimization IS the hardware.
Sun Enterprise 250, 2 processors, 1 gb RAM, 120 gb disk array.

Running IBMs apache (1.3.6 ++++)
and WebSphere (sadly, version 2)

WebSphere is really not being utilized as it should though.

I have to emphasise that, under load, we'll be very dependant on the
performance of the object cache.

Currently what you're looking at is a single XSP page acting as a 'template'
into which documents are populated. A custom logicsheet is being used (as
well as the Util and Request).

Mark (Poetaster) Washeim

that await translation.

Quem colorem habet sapientia?'