cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mike Engelhart <mengelh...@earthtrip.com>
Subject Re: external entities
Date Thu, 18 May 2000 13:55:55 GMT
on 5/18/00 8:40 AM, Ulrich Mayring at ulim@denic.de wrote:

> This shouldn't have anything to do with your browser setting, because
> entities are rendered independent of any browser language setting. So
> you say you are constructing a German (or whatever) locale in your Java
> code and pass it to the ResourceBundle? I have been doing this and it
> worked for me, that's why I wonder.
Turns out that on MacOS, I had to convert the files to be ISO-8859-1 before
importing them into my jar file where all my PropertyResourceBundle's are
stored.

> getString() is a locale-independent method, however, the ResourceBundle
> static method isn't. So getString() will return values appropriate for
> the locale the ResourceBundle was constructed with.
I know. Before calling getString() I called
ResourceBundle bundle = ResourceBundle.getBundle("com.earthtrip.myBundle",
locale)
and then
bundle.getString();

mike