cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mike Engelhart <mengelh...@earthtrip.com>
Subject Re: external entities
Date Thu, 18 May 2000 12:06:07 GMT
on 5/18/00 6:36 AM, Ulrich Mayring at ulim@denic.de wrote:

> The error happens in your Java code, not in cocoon, which already gets a
> '?' from Java. Look in the docs for ResourceBundle, there are
> locale-aware methods for getting a ResourceBundle.
>
> Ulrich
Not quite.  I AM using Locale-aware methods or else I wouldn't be having a
problem because everything would be in English.  When I set my browser to
have a language setting of "de" and call my XSP page, the output is mangled
with a "?" in place of the special characters that are in my Properties
files.   What Paul was saying is that I need to somehow get the correct
characters into my PropertyResourceBundles but how the heck do you do that?
I'm using a CodeWarrior as my development tool and there isn't any setting
for character encoding.  I guess what I'm wondering is that if I have an
ASCII text file with a "รค" in it, why doesn't Java create the correct
unicode representation of that character in my ResourceBundle so that when I
call getString() it just shows up.  this is why I started screwing around
with sticking entities in my properties files.

Mike