cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mike Engelhart <mengelh...@earthtrip.com>
Subject Re: external entities
Date Wed, 17 May 2000 23:06:04 GMT
on 5/17/00 5:28 PM, Paul Russell at paul@luminas.co.uk wrote:

> Ahh. Yeah, that won't work - the &auml; gets converted to unicode
> during the parsing phase, however if you use getString from within
> an XSP, the text will never be parsed. Two options - you could
> either write a chunk of code that takes the above and turns it into
> unicode by looking up the character code in a hash, or you could
> put the actual character into the resourcebundle itself (using
> some strange key combination or other). Either should work.
One down.  Putting the actual character into the property ResourceBundle
does not work.
I may just try putting them into the XSP page itself instead. Unfortunately
XSP's and ResourceBundle's don't play together very well  and I have to use
a wrapper to call the getString() method or it throws an Exception which is
why I went with the XSL approach in the first place.

Mike