cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Marc Driftmeyer <...@reanimality.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: Installing Tomcat 3.1 and Cocoon 1.7.2
Date Thu, 04 May 2000 23:48:17 GMT
A short while back someone was kind enough to direct a pointer to a great
new book about to be released by O'Reilly, entitled, "Java and XML".  The
beta chapter 9 clearly describes how to get Tomcat and Cocoon up and
running and configured correctly.

It worked smoothly on Win2K with Cocoon-1.7.2 and Tomcat 3.1 once I had
read the chapter and cross-referenced that with the Apache Cocoon
installation instructions that are listed also within the JServ section.

I am rebuilding my box and am going to write a step by step approach
starting with sucking down all the JavaSoft tools and jdks, etc.  And
include my classpaths etc... I think a Table of configs and links to the
processes would be a welcome addition to the Cocoon site in general.  I am
also working on one with Debian Linux.

Any one else agree?

At any rate here is the O'Reilly url in particular:

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/javaxml/chapter/ch09.html

Sincerely Yours,

Marc J. Driftmeyer