cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Andrea <and...@research.telcordia.com>
Subject Re: WAP and sessions [I think off topic]
Date Wed, 10 May 2000 15:10:04 GMT
Peter,
         we used sessions successfully with WAP (Phone.com
browsers and gateways) and Cocoon (Apache 1.3.9+
Jserv 1.1+Cocoon 1.6.*).

         We had a few troubles, at the beginning, with cookies
that where not managed correctly by the combination
UPlink/Apache/Jserv (I understand because of an encoding
problem).

         Another issue (at least in the EU) is that, I was told,
the Nokia infrastructure (not sure whether the phone or the
server) do not handle cookies, so you may have to use URL
rewriting to pass the session id (pretty easy with Jserv,
just a conf param away).

         Hope it helps.

         Andrea