cocoon-users mailing list archives

From sudhi <su...@planet.net>
Subject Re: what is relationship between cocoon and java servlet?
Date Fri, 26 May 2000 18:13:42 GMT
Cocoon is a Servlet, which serves all the user requests which has a .xml
at the end.

How to map all the .xml requests to Cocoon is done by configuring
servlet engine.

Since cocoon is a servlet it needs a servlet engine to run.

Here is how it works -

A request comes in which is requesting an xml file. The request is
passed to Servlet engine. Servlet engine then sends this request to
Cocoon, then Cocoon which itself is a servlet serves this request.

HTH