cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Re: XSP problem
Date Tue, 23 May 2000 07:55:20 GMT
Donald Ball wrote:

> Hmm. Logically speaking, your idea makes perfect sense, though I wonder
> how efficient an XML file editor that worked like this would be... don't

I think for applications, where you read the document 9 times and write
it only one time, it would be sufficient. The Xerces serializers, that
XMLForm uses, are also very sluggish when saving data.

> care too much, myself, i'm more interested in working code than efficient
> code. I wonder how this would tie into Jeremy's form taglib stuff...

I didn't know Jeremy was onto that. But I always suspected he rules :)

But strictly speaking Forms and Include/Outclude are two different
things. Forms provide a GUI for dealing with XML data - and there are
many important things that a Form taglib could do. However, I think it
should not read and write XML data, just as I/O should not model a user
interface.

Very frequently you need I/O without forms - any place where you've been
using <util:include-uri> or <util:include-file>.

And also very frequently you need forms without I/O (e.g. database query
forms).

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring