cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Re: Cocoon 1.7.3 not recompiling changes in XSP
Date Fri, 12 May 2000 12:39:46 GMT
svenk@Informatik.Uni-Bremen.DE wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am working on a form <-> xml solution based on Donald's XMLForm
> servlet.

Me too, as you know. My app is done, but there is one problem remaining
and that is the Xerces serializer that XMLForm uses to write the edited
file back to the disk. When you have multi-line values, then it adds a
blank line after each return character. So, if you have in your edit
window a textarea with this content:

foo
bar
baz

It becomes in the file:

foo

bar

baz

This is extremely annoying, but short of hacking Xerces I don't know how
to resolve this.

> Now, I did some changes on the file and reloaded it in Netscape in order
> to test it.
> But the change would not take effect.

All you have to do is delete the contents of the repository directory
and restart cocoon (by restarting the servlet engine, for example), then
you can be 100% sure that neither on disk nor in memory is there any old
stuff.

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring