cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: sql tag-library
Date Thu, 11 May 2000 13:09:11 GMT
Donald Ball wrote:

> The whole situation seems to boil down to one essential tradeoff. You
> either replicate data or centralize data. Replication means you have to
> change n files when you want to change the data. Centralization means you
> have to change n files when you want to change the location of the data.
> Hopefully you move the data less frequently than you change it, so
> centralization is generally a win, especially if you choose the location
> carefully from the beginning.

Wise analysis.

The problem, to me, seems to be that "carefully" has still very little
defined metric for URIs and for XPointer the metric is totally absent.

This is what we should improve on and, you're totally right adding this
ability so that we can play around with it and define a metric for
"careful".

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.