cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Brian P Millett <...@ec-group.com>
Subject Re: sql tag-library
Date Wed, 10 May 2000 15:20:42 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> [snip of sql tag stuff]

> Wow,
>
> seems you did your homework pretty well to me, Brian :)
>
> I like the inclusion of a pool and even more the use of Turbine code.
>
> Now, the question: how do we make this work in standard Cocoon?

I need to figure out how to get to the parameter information that will be in the properties
file.  I see
how the XSPProcessor does it, I see how Cocoon does it.  But I can not figure out how a xsp
logicsheet
library can get to it.  That doesn't mean that it can not be done, I just have not spend enough
cycles
looking into how it should be done.  Turbine code for the pool wants to read it's own properties
file to
set up some default parameters (jdbc drivers, log file name, etc).  That needs to be put into
the
cocoon.properties file.

There are some compiler dependencies right now that to compile the pool code, I need to reference
the
ApacheJServ jar file.
IE: CLASSPATH=/opt/APACHEhttpd/jserv/libexec/ApacheJServ.jar ./build.sh
This needs to be resolved.

Those seem to be the two main issues (and of course clean up the code & document, document,
document)

--
Brian Millett
Enterprise Consulting Group     "Shifts in paradigms