cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Palka <tompa...@vanion.com>
Subject HTML end tags don't appear in generated pages
Date Wed, 10 May 2000 05:09:05 GMT
Hello, I'm using Cocoon 1.7.3 with Apache 1.3.12 on a Win2k machine.  It
was very simple to setup, and now I'm following some of the examples.  One
of the examples that I tried involves an imagemap.  The problem that I'm
running into is that some of the HTML tags that I specified in the XSL
file don't show up in the generated HTML output.  In my particular example
I see it with the imagemap -- the <MAP> tag shows up, but not the </MAP>.
That, of course, causes the imagemap not to work.  Other simpler examples
involve the LI tag.  Here is some sample code:

========= simple.xml ============
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="simple-html.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>
<?cocoon-process type="xslt"?>
<page>
<item>item</item>
</page>
=================================

========== simple-html.xsl ======
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
  <xsl:template match="page">
   <xsl:processing-instruction
name="cocoon-format">type="text/html"</xsl:processing-instruction>
     <xsl:apply-templates/>
  </xsl:template>
  <xsl:template match="item">
   <ul><li>
     <xsl:apply-templates/>
   </li></ul>
  </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

The output from Cocoon is:

"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/strict.dtd">
<!-- This page was served from cache in 0 milliseconds by Cocoon 1.7.3 -->