cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon 1.7.3 Upgrade micro-mini-HOWTO
Date Mon, 08 May 2000 12:10:58 GMT
Robin Green wrote:

> They are ordinary files with a suffix of .lnk and they are basically useless
> for most types of symlinking. They are basically nearly identical to
> Internet Explorer bookmarks.

M$ claimed to have invented symlinks in an article that appeared to /.
(it was so funny) and they also claimed to have a linking capabilities
in the new filesystem they're using for win2k... but after installing it
(it's very surprisingly a very stable OS, after all, never crashed once
in months) I could not find any reference to it... maybe on the server
version.

Anyway, yes, .lnk files are almost totally useless.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.