cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Paul Derbyshire <derbysh...@globalserve.net>
Subject Re: Severe Xalan documentation errors.
Date Tue, 23 May 2000 21:45:32 GMT
At 05:32 PM 5/23/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Nope, you weren't sure...or at least weren't correct.

Okay, you were half correct. The Sun Web site seems to back up what you say
(which I'd begun to doubt after your suggested solution exploded so
dramatically on my launching pad), but your suggested solution is evidently
not correct. It made sense to me, but as near as I can tell, *even though
the batch processor seems to be expanding %CLASSPATH% into its value so
that javac never sees %CLASSPATH%*, the javac compiler does not like the
use of %CLASSPATH% this way! Since javac can't possibly "know" I used
%CLASSPATH% instead of typing it all manually, it must be something
inherent in the syntax of the class path that using ;%CLASSPATH% causes.
The only element in the result class path that I haven't used on a javac
command line before is the semicolon.

Either to specify multiple elements in a command line class path you must
use a symbol other than a semicolon, which would be hairy, or you *can't*
use multiple elements in a command line class path, in which case this is
another javac bug *and* my project is dead in the water with no hope of
recovery!
--
   .*.  "Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not
-()  <  circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a