cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Paul Derbyshire <derbysh...@globalserve.net>
Subject Re: Mystery NullPointerException with standalone usage.
Date Tue, 23 May 2000 06:58:17 GMT
At 07:43 AM 5/23/00 +0100, you wrote:
>*Some* work has been done on Cocoon2, but it's mostly
>groundwork. Cocoon2 is a ground up rewrite, it's a big
>project, and believe me, it's going to be worth the wait.

Ground-up rewrite? Yikes.

>If you want it sooner, help.

Love to, except that I don't know beans about all the nitty-gritty details
of the specifications involved, particularly the formatting object stuff
which I haven't even studied, or about some other aspects -- this
ECMAScript thing for instance. For that matter, I don't know beans about
beans -- JavaBeans that is. (Aren't they one of those dubious rapid
application development things, for "visual application editing", which
usually lead to slow and unreliable apps full of machine-generated glue
code anyways?)

Besides, there's this WOL project over here that probably can't coexist
with the full-time job of picking up all of that stuff.
--
   .*.  "Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not
-()  <  circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a