cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Paul Derbyshire <derbysh...@globalserve.net>
Subject Re: Mystery NullPointerException with standalone usage.
Date Tue, 23 May 2000 02:46:54 GMT
At 12:54 AM 5/23/00 +0100, you wrote:
><?xml-stylesheet?> etc isn't part of the XSL specification, it's a
>Cocoon (1.x) thing, so Xalan won't know about it. You might be able
>to write a perl script to do the job, if you're after a quick hack.

Are you sure? The Xalan 1.0.1 documentation mentions offhandedly that Xalan
can parse these directives, but it doesn't seem to explain how to make it
do so.
Anyways, faffing around with perl scripts isn't an option here... right now
I'm stuck to Windows 98 by this damned OEM Winmodem. (Strangely enough, I
feel much the same way about getting this 400MHZ machine and discovering a
Winmodem in it, as I would looting a dead orc in ADOM and finding
unexpectedly in the middle of a battle the hard way that half his old stuff
is cursed, and that's why he was so easy to kill...) This means I've gotta
use Java or C++ or MS-DOS batch files, and ixnay on any solutions requiring
perl, shell-scripts, running my own Web server, etc....

>Other than that, to be quite honest, what you're trying to do is
>more in the Cocoon2 problem domain than the Xalan or Cocoon1.x.

Cocoon 2? Is there an ETA on that?
--
   .*.  "Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not
-()  <  circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a