cocoon-users mailing list archives

From vupt <v...@yahoo.com>
Subject what is relationship between cocoon and java servlet?
Date Fri, 26 May 2000 17:22:12 GMT
Hi,

Could someone clarify for me the relationship between
Cocoon and Java Servlet? I've combed through a lot of
the documentation but I am still unclear.

Here are some things I've read about. Could someone
tie it together and perhaps elaborate on it?
1)Cocoon is based on the immensly popular Java servlet
architecture[http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/javaxml/chapter/ch09.html]

2)Need to configure the servlet engine to use Cocoon
in order to tell it which requests Cocoon should
handle
[http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/javaxml/chapter/ch09.html]

3)Cocoon is a servlet [cocoon faq]

4)Cocoon needs a servlet engine in order to support
servlet operation and dynamic request handling [cocoon
install]